RL Property Management in Columbus, Ohio (Franklin County) sees many residential lease violations for reasons other than non payment of rent. These violations may include:
- Unauthorized Occupants
- Unauthorized Pets
- Cleanliness and Living Conditions (See Photo)
- Failure to Maintain Landscaping
- Noise and Disturbance
- Interior Smoking
- Association Violation
- Unpaid Utility Bills
- Many more…..
We usually observe and document these violations when completing our companies standard quarterly unit inspections. Generally, the following steps are taken when a lease violation is discovered:
- Document the who, what, when, where and why of the lease violation.
- Issue a “cure or quit” cure notice to the residents indicating the violation and how long they have to remedy before a follow-up inspection is completed.
- Charge the residents for any applicable lease violation fees.
- Inspect the unit at the end of the remedy period to determine if the lease violation was resolved.
- If the violation was not resolved, file an eviction citing a lease violation for other than non-payment of rent.
- Complete the eviction process to re-gain possession of the unit
RL Property Management has a well documented process to handle several dozen common lease violations. RL utilizes many intermediate steps not listed above to deal with various circumstances we’ve encountered in the past. Unfortunately, lease violations for issues other than non-payment of rent cannot be handled in a “one size fits all” way.
If you are looking for a property management team that has several decades of experience solving issues like above, do not hesitate to reach out to RL Property Management Group. Contact Us.
RL Property Management Group, the only property management company in Columbus started and run by engineers. Our clients enjoy a premium property management experience without paying a premium price. RL Property Management is designed to provide our clients reliability and performance.