Just because you’re small doesn’t mean you can’t be mighty. There are many apartment amenities that even small apartment buildings can add or enhance to attract new residents. Here’s a run-down of a few popular features to include if you’re looking to draw in more tenant interest.
- Enhance technology features – Ensuring you have robust WiFi connections is important, as is boosting other tech features where feasible. And of course, accepting online rent payments is a must.
- Add package lockers – Streamline package delivery to your tenants with a smart locker system for your apartment building.
- Make it pet-friendly – If there’s one easy thing you can do to attract a broader range of tenants, it’s accept pets. Just make sure you have your pet policy clearly spelled out in your lease agreement.
- Upgrade security features – Offer tenants peace of mind with enhanced security measures in and around your building, including your parking area.
- Consider adding a gym – Even if it’s a smaller area with a few basic pieces of exercise equipment, having an onsite place to workout is a bonus feature many residents appreciate.
- Offer storage units – Residents often have more “stuff” than they have room for in their unit. By offering additional storage, you can attract more tenants to your property.
A good resident experience doesn’t mean having the biggest or best. It’s doing the little things right. Apartment amenities don’t have to cost a lot of money or take up a lot of space, but they can make a big difference to a tenant. If you’re looking for more insight into the Columbus rental market, contact us at RL Property Management to ask your questions.